Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is on your property. Mold is a part of nature, but the strain of mold that has spread in your house or property can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores move through the air, entering buildings through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also enter a home on shoes, clothing and animals. It can be basically impossible for you to eliminate mold entering your house. You should be worried as mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to turn to who will tell you the type of mold present is imperative. Pair that with an expert who will orchestrate the best way to treat it and execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection of your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. The detection and identification of mold is the initial step in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to the treatment of mold safely, the prime option is working with a company which specializes in all aspects relating to the process. We offer mold removal and remediation services as well basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your property on top of major health issues to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will adversely affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through the environment it resides in, this means that the longer it goes without treatment in your house, the worse its effects are. The professionals with Paul Davis can correctly identify the species of mold growing in your house and effectively manage treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 general kinds of mold:
- Allergenic: Which cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in individuals which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic microorganisms.
With the multitude of molds that can reside in structures, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis can aid with getting your house free and safe from the most damaging molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold which thrives indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly located in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This large spore mold takes traction in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungus which enters homes. It grows in porous, damp environments such as wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor variety trigger asthma attacks and induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being a less rampant household mold is fortunate, as it is among the more insidious. It needs excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing problems, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It is a powdery mold that thrives in a variety of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This variety of mold is often found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins pink or light brown in color but deepens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, causing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It carries a dank odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in cold and warm environments and spreads quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts adversely with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of growing and migrating in colder temperatures, Fusarium is pink or coral colored and is commonly located in soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move quickly through a home. Symptoms begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It grows in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, wood and textiles. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly located in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect there is mold in your home call the team with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation services necessary to eradicate dangerous mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.